Subsea Energy Australia
Subsea Energy Australia (SEA) is an industry association representing operators, contractors, subcontractors and suppliers who work in, or provide goods and services to, the subsea energy industry.
SEA was formed at the end of 2008 and was incorporated as a not-for-profit association in early 2009. It is run by a volunteer committee consisting of members from a wide spread of companies (including Oil & Gas Operators, Contractors and Research Institutions).
Since its formation, over 60 organisations have joined SEA. Members include:
- Large contracting / supplier organisations
- Subcontracting organisations
- Research Institutions’
- Government Representatives
SEA’s mission is “to be the champion for the growth and development of the entire subsea industry in Australia”. SEA is actively engaged in assisting the continued growth of Australian businesses in support of the subsea oil and gas sector with a firm goal of establishing Australia as the leading subsea oil and gas centre for the Australasian / South East Asian region.
SEA currently provides:
- Networking events to enable small businesses to demonstrate their capabilities to larger organisations;
- Education & training;
- Increased awareness of subsea opportunities for Australian industry;
- Increasing the profile of the Subsea Oil & Gas Industry to the broader Australian industry;
- Offer a representative body that is able to influence Government and other industry related bodies;
- Regular networking breakfasts and sundowners with presentations of a commercial focus;
- Facilitation of R&D between the operators, universities and local industry.
At the forefront of every SEA committee member’s mind is the need to provide real value to our member organisations. This is being achieved through the various strategies developed by the committees. SEA also encourages input from all member companies and the broader industry community.
You can find out more at