What is SICA
In Australia a natural cluster has developed around Subsea Technology. A group of Australian companies Small to Medium Enterprises (SMEs), research institutions and oil and gas companies have come together to form the Subsea Innovation Cluster of Australia (SICA).
SICA was formed in 2018 and since its formation has attracted over 40 members including every aspect of the subsea ecosystem
- Large contracting / supplier organisations
- Subcontracting organisations
- Research Institutions’
- Legal and IP organisations
Leading the world in subsea innovation and development and creating an exciting future for individuals and communities by unlocking Australia's subsea ecosystem’s full potential"
To enable the growth of Australia's Subsea Economy by providing an innovation focused, multidisciplined, collaborative and sustainable environment that: Operators use to explore new solutions and technologies: Australian SMEs use to develop new products and synergies and develop export markets: Researchers use enhance all branches of science: Students come to find new careers :Investors use to seek long term sustainable returns
SICA Core Values
- Respect, protect and regrow our environment
- Focus on innovative and sustainable technologies
- Applying disruptive technology to strengthen existing supply chains
- Enhance Security of supply
- Focus on Australian Companies and technologies
- Innovate and collaborate constructively